Friday, December 7, 2007

Mitt Romney on his faith

By MATT STUART (from ABC News) (blue print = my comments about red print)
Dec. 6, 2007

"If I am fortunate to become your president, I will serve no one religion, no one group, no one cause and no one interest. A president must serve only the common cause of the people of the United States," Romney said a crowd of 400 to 500 people at the George H.W. Bush Library at Texas A&M University.
Do you suppose that King David would have said that? Why not serve your beliefs? If a person is going to go contrary to his beliefs, then his beliefs are worthless.

'I Believe in My Mormon Faith'
With some voters suggesting they have qualms about a Mormon president, Romney said he shares "moral convictions" with Americans of all faiths.


If he believes in his Mormon faith, then why would he share moral convictions with all faiths? The Mormon church teaches that all religions are wrong! That they were all apostate. That was supposedly the reason why Joseph Smith was told to begin the new church.

Demystifying the Mormon Faith"I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it," Romney said. "My faith is the faith of my fathers. I will be true to them and to my beliefs."
and yet, one of the first comments he makes is "I will serve no one religion." If he is really going to be true to his fathers and to his beliefs, then by definition, he MUST serve his religion.

Nonetheless, he said his faith doesn't define his candidacy.

"A person should not be elected because of his faith, nor should he be rejected because of his faith." Romney said.
I can agree that a person should not be elected just because of his faith. There are many self-proclaiming Christians out there who cannot be trusted. But as far as being rejected "because" of his faith, sure, we have the right to do that. He is in a cult. Would we want David Koresh (sp?) if he were still alive to run for president. No way! We have to realize that little children look up to the President of the United States, and to have a Mormon in the White House would give validation to his religion (validation that the Mormon religion so desperately wants!). As Christians, we have a responsibility to watch out to make sure that people are not being led astray.

"Let me assure you that no authorities of my church, or of any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions. Their authority is theirs, within the province of church affairs, and it ends where the affairs of the nation begin," Romney said.
As a Christian, you will not have a chance to influence Mitt on decisions regarding abortion (which he has flip-flopped on)
I don't know about you, but "my" God is sovereign! And as far as the affairs of the nation is concerned (no, I am not talking about the Bill Clinton affair!) God should be the ruling force. Now, more than ever before, our nation is in need of God leading the way! (oh, wait, Mitt thinks he is going to be a god someday! uh oh!)



Romney Invokes Founding Fathers
He decried those who would remove from public life "any acknowledgment of God," and he said that "during the holiday season, nativity scenes and menorahs should be welcome in our public places."
Wait a minute, didn't he say that his religion would play no part in government?



Romney took a hard line on questions about the doctrines of his religion, stating, "There are some who would have a presidential candidate describe and explain his church's distinctive doctrines. To do so would enable the very religious test the founders prohibited in the Constitution."

For the Romney-friendly audience, the most enthusiastic response came when Romney praised the founding fathers: "And so together they prayed, and together they fought, and together, by the grace of God they founded this great nation."


The difference is this...


Jesus is the Son of God and Jesus IS God. Jesus is not a brother of Lucifer as Mormons teach!

Romney: 'No Candidate Should Become a Spokesman for His Faith'
While Romney had underscored that he's "not gonna be giving a JFK speech," some of the speech seemed to echo the sentiment laid down by President Kennedy, and Presidents Lincoln and Jefferson before him.
But we should stand up for what we believe in. Our lives should be a living testimony of Jesus living within us. Again, it is not the brother of Lucifer living within us. It is God!



"When I place my hand on the Bible and take the oath of office, that oath becomes my highest promise to God," Romney said.
Hey Mitt, is that only if the Bible is interpreted correctly (which Mormons would teach that they are the only ones able to properly interpret it!)



As he has done many times before on the stump, Romney reiterated that "no candidate should become a spokesman for his faith. For if he becomes president he will need the prayers of the people of all faiths."
This just goes to show you that he does not know the Bible at all. Because God does not hear the prayers of the unrighteous and the unbelievers!




Notably, Romney stated today that his "church's beliefs about Christ may not all be the same as those of other faiths."
MAY not be the same. He knows better than to say that. According to his own religion, all religions are apostate. The Jesus of the Bible is not a created being. He was not born by an angel having actual intercourse with Mary. He knows that HIS church teaches that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers. Mitt is lying or is not at all familiar with his own church teachings. Since he was a Bishop in the church, I would have to conclude that he is most likely lying! We do not need that in the White House leading our country!



While not contradictory, Romney has previously focused on his claim that religions in American flow from the same "Judeo-Christian" tradition, rather than cite the differences of his church.
Again, NO! This is not from the same Judeo-Christian tradition. It is not even close.



Some criticized Romney for trying to tie his Mormon religion too closely to that of evangelicals and other Christians.
Of course, he wants to be elected President of the United States. without the support of Christians he will not be able to do it.



Romney also sought to emphasize the "nation's symphony of faith," and assured "any believer in religious freedom, any person who has knelt in prayer to the Almighty, has a friend and ally in me."
Any person who has knelt in prayer to the Almighty (Muslims??) Or is he trying to be like Bill Hybels, Rick Warren and many others who have signed the contract with the Muslims apologizing to them.


Romney's campaign has claimed for months that if he was going to give a speech, he likely wouldn't do so until after the primaries should he gain the nomination.
While the campaign vehemently denies there is any connection, the most significant change in the Republican field in the last two weeks is certainly the rise of former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in Iowa, where a recent ABC News poll showed Huckabee tied for first with Romney.
Huckabee, a Baptist minister, also recently released a new television ad in Iowa touting himself as a "Christian leader," putting the issue of religion front and center in the earliest of the early states.

In a subtle jab, Romney said Monday that, "I think that a candidate or a president that tried to make his religion a defining a feature of his campaign or of his term in office would tend to divide the nation rather than bring us together."


The nation would become divided if the President turns out to be something other than what he portrayed himself to be during the primaries. As Mitt worries about his faith being "against" him, he is upset that Huckabee is BOLD in proclaiming his faith!



Whether related or not, the speech certainly comes at the moment Romney has clearly lost momentum in Iowa, failing to capture supporters after Sen. Sam Brownback's departure from the race and draw those conservative voters disappointed in former Sen. Fred Thompson's campaign.



Faith on the '08 Trail
Much has been made of Romney's Mormon religion throughout the campaign. While reporters covered the topic extensively, his faith was also frequently questioned on the campaign trail.


Before his presidential campaign even officially began, Romney told ABC News' Terry Moran in January that he thought "the American people respect individuals of faith," and that "when you take the oath of office, your highest responsibility is to follow the Constitution and the rule of law."


People do have respect for any person who truly believes in something with a passion. But when push comes to shove, a (true-Bible-believing) Christian will not support a cult member.

Soon after, a February ABC News/Washington Post poll found that a third of Americans were less likely to vote for a candidate who was Mormon.
When Romney surprised the Republican field by posting a whopping $20.1 million in first-quarter fundraising, many noted that Romney's second-highest fundraising state was Mormon-dominated Utah.


Does this surprise you?



It's also been reported that Romney's top fundraising zip code is 84604 — Provo, Utah, the home of the most notable Mormon school, Brigham Young University.


Does this surprise you? And he tells you that his religion will have no influence on America?? You can bet his own church/religion has other ideas about that!



Despite Romney's rising to lead in the Iowa polls by early August, the question of "the speech" remained. Romney told The Associated Press in July that it was "more likely than not" that he would give a speech at some point.


He's got the flip-flopping down to a science!



On Nov. 10, Romney was speaking at a house party in Holderness, N.H., when he admitted that he "liked the idea" of giving a "special speech" on his religion, but that "the political advisers tell me, 'No, no, no, its not a good idea — draws too much attention to that issue alone.' But I sorta like the idea anyway, and will probably do it at some point."
Romney tried to downplay his comments, even going so far as to say, "there's no news on this," but speculation continued.


Wouldn't it be interesting to see how many of his advisers are Mormons??



Though his faith remains a serious topic for Romney, and a serious issue for some Republican voters, Romney has also made a point of making light of the prejudice against the Mormon faith throughout his campaign.

While speaking at the Republican Jewish Coalition in Washington in October, Romney asked why the Mormon religion "scares people so badly." Romney quipped, "I'm probably the wrong guy to ask. But my neighbors might know."
One of the stigmas attached to the Mormon religion is the practice of polygamy, which the church forbade in 1890. At a campaign stop in Laconia, N.H., last month, Romney was speaking on the importance of his family when he said, "I love my wife and my five sons and their five wives."
Romney stopped, and smirking, added, "Wait a second. Let me clarify that. They each have one."


Yeah, that's a funny one. But what about the fact that Joseph Smith and Brigham Young both had many wives and some of them were little girls??? Is that funny?





You want more information on Mormonism? go to: http://time2changechurches.blogspot.com/2007/11/33-facts-mormons-wont-tell-you-when.html


and also go to:


http://time2changechurches.blogspot.com/2007/11/mormo-and-mormons.html





I am not trying to tell people who to vote for. In America, we have the freedom to vote for whomever we want. I am just wanting to inform people who do not know about Mormonism. I didn't know a thing about it until I actually got into Mormonism. After three years, I got out. I am very well learned on the teachings of Joseph Smith Jr, Brigham Young and the apostles. I am very familiar with the Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, The Book of Mormon, and the Ensign. I am very familiar with the teachings of the Apostles (so I do not take things "out of context") but the most important thing that I am familiar with is this...


The Bible -- The Word of God -- The innerancy of Scripture

Below is a copy of a comment that a mormon sent me on one of my other posts:
You are such a bigot that it simply amazes me in this day and age...why? Because you seem to single out and attack only one church. Why? Because you're afraid...and because you're ignorant. You live inside the four walls of your glass cathedral and lap up every lie you're told with hardly ever giving an honest moment of individual thought to any of it. You're so busy attacking the beliefs of others that you gloss over or outright ignore the gaping holes in your own. In spite of all this, the LDS church continues to grow. And THAT is what frightens you the most! The LDS is growing so fast, that it is literally taking away funds from your own pocket. That is what it truly is about. I'm here to say that the majority of those who have been to your blog never come back. Why? Because you truly are a bigot, and we can all see right through you. I know that I will never be back. But I will pray for you.

Here is my reply --
You are such a bigot that it simply amazes me in this day and age...why? Definition of a bigot is one who is intolerant of another persons beliefs.
Okay, maybe so. But as a Christian, I do not have to tolerate a religion that is not a Christian but CLAIMS to be. I do not want people to go to hell.
Because you seem to single out and attack only one church. Why?
Actually, if you read all of my posts, you will see that I pick on Christian churches as well as mormons. I am against ANY church that claims to be Christian but does not follow biblical guidelines.
Because you're afraid...and because you're ignorant.
Afraid? Not afraid of anything since I have Christ in my life.
You live inside the four walls of your glass cathedral and lap up every lie you're told with hardly ever giving an honest moment of individual thought to any of it.
No one told me any lies other than the actual church that I mention in this post. I was a member of the LDS church and I do know EXACTLY what they teach. I can back up every comment with Mormon doctrine. Plus, I am not in a four wall, glass cathedral.
You're so busy attacking the beliefs of others that you gloss over or outright ignore the gaping holes in your own.
And yet, you provide no Scripture to back up what you are saying. I would be happy to dialogue with you on the false teachings of mormonism. I will also be happy to share with you biblical Scripture to back it all up.
In spite of all this, the LDS church continues to grow. And THAT is what frightens you the most!
Numbers do not validate anything other than many people are being led astray. Jesus said that few will enter the gates of heaven.
The LDS is growing so fast, that it is literally taking away funds from your own pocket. That is what it truly is about.
They are not taking a single cent out of my pocket. I am an evangelist and not behind the pulpit of a church. My goal is to reach the lost the way Jesus did.
I'm here to say that the majority of those who have been to your blog never come back.
Wrong!! I am able to keep track of who is visiting my blog. And you have no idea of the response I get. All Christians have been very supportive and I have Mormon friends who read the blog to and are investigating the claims I am making. That is all I ask you to do. Investigate the claims and see for yourself if they are true. I do not want you to go to hell.
Why? Because you truly are a bigot, and we can all see right through you.
I am a concerned Christian that truly cares about my mormon friends. I want them to be saved.
I know that I will never be back. But I will pray for you.
That is fine. I will be praying for you too.

As anyone can see, attacks such as this one show a lack of reasoning. Mormons do not want to face the facts of Scripture. They turn to name calling in some cases. I pray that if there are other mormons reading this (and I know there are), that you will read all of the blogs. Read Mormo and the Mormons, 33 things a Mormon will not say to you, and Pastors beware and Mormonism Taught.

No comments: