Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Cloning Effect...

Seeing the video on the cats being cloned and then having a virus put into them so that they would glow, got me thinking...

Christmas has been cloned and we didn't even know it until it was too late!
yes, it still occurs on December 25th of each year...
yes, it still has church services for those "faithful" two times a year Christians...
yes, it still has some songs being sung lifting up the name of Jesus the Christ-child...
yes, it still has Santa Claus and those pesky 8 reindeers or 9, if you include Rudolf...
BUT, somewhere in the space of time it happened...
A virus infiltrated Christmas
Now, Christmas begins sometime in October about the same time Halloween candy is displayed in stores...
Now, Christmas offers churches who cancel church services so that the families can spend time together instead of going to church...
Now, Christmas songs being sung on Christian radio stations are playing Frosty the Snowman and Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer, and the ever popular, Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer!...
Now, Christmas is about a holiday season and no longer about Jesus the Christ-child...
Now, Christmas is about Satan Claus (did, I misspell that?)
Now, (notice, I didn't change the spelling above!) Christmas is about me and what I want and not about Jesus and what He did for us...

It still occurs on Dec 25th, but this is not the Christmas I grew up with. It has changed. It might look the same but it is different, vastly different than what it should be. It should be a time to remember the birth of our Savior and the "why" it was necessary for Him to come in the first place. It all started back in the Garden of Eden when Eve took that first bite and it brings us to where we are today...
A nation that is entrenched in homosexuality (it's not a war against it like it used to be, it is just something that is tolerated because we don't want to offend anyone, unless of course they are Christians!)...
A nation that is so politically correct that politics will not work in this country anymore...
A nation that is so lacking the fear of God that it has caused even the churches to become worldly...
A nation that is so accepting of false religions that pass themselves off as being Christian, such as mormons. (who claim that the Jesus they worship is the same one we, Christians, worship)...
A nation that will not persecute us for believing in Jesus, they just don't want us acting and behaving as a true Christian should!

Oh, how I wish our country, our Christmas, our very lives would return to the very foundation for which we are here...
TO GIVE GLORY TO GOD!

Dan Fogleberg died yesterday at age 59. This song is a tribute to his dad. My own dad died back in 1996 and I always wanted to pay tribute to him and still do. Thank you Dad for all you did for me! I love you! And God, I can never thank you enough for all you have done for me and continue to do for me. I love you oh so much!

2 comments:

S.J. Walker said...

I was sad to see about the loss of Dan Fogelberg,

He is one of my dear pops-in-law's favorite singers. I have been doubly blessed with my Dads. My father is going to Peru with Heartcry Missionary Society in a couple weeks, my pops-in-law has been my family physician for years, even before I met my wife or even know she existed.

I grew up listening to Larry Norman and CCR (forgive me) with Dad, now I can't get away from Fogleberg or Keith Green with Pops.

Gd Bless you sir, and merry Christmas

pastorbrianculver said...

If I remember right, either Dan or his dad were from Peoria, IL. I live in Galesburg, IL just 45 miles away. He has that 70's folksy style of singing. I remember listening to him when I was a teenager!