Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's called Christmas with a capital "C"



Enjoy!! and to think, Christian radio stations still feel it is necessary to play Frosty the Snowman and Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer!

Here is a copy of the letter I sent to WCIC radio station out of Peoria, IL.

Good morning Stephanie,

I wanted to send this to the station manager but was unable to get his email address off the computer here at work. I hope you don't mind me sending this to you.

I am seriously considering finding another radio station to listen to. It is pretty upsetting to listen to secular Christmas music on a "Christian" radio station. I know this particular radio station does not like to present the whole gospel message. It is on a very rare occasion that sin is spoken of and the need to repent of sins is even a more rare case. There will come a day when people will say, "Lord, Lord, and he will say, depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you." I worry that could happen to WCIC. You (not you personally, Stephanie) will stand before Jesus and say, Lord, Lord, didn't we play good Christian music to honor you to try to bring people to you? And I get the feeling He will say, depart from me you worker of iniquity (Lawlessness -- For MY LAW is not within you), I never knew you. Please don't cave into pressure to worry about offending people with the gospel. If all you do is sugar-coat the good news, the good news will not make sense. I listened to your radio station for years and always felt blessed. But the truth of the matter is this. I was not saved. I thought I was. I listened to Christian music every day. I read my Bible. I went to church. But I was not saved. It wasn't until someone FINALLY presented God's Law (the Ten Commandments) to me in such a way that my sinfulness became exceedingly sinful and I realized that I was headed for hell. It was at that time the message of the cross made sense to me. It wasn't by listening to music that I was saved. It wasn't by listening to music that it eventually brought me to being saved. It was by the Law and the Law only. I would venture to say that over 75% of the people who listen to your station are not truly saved. They have not repented of their sins, they are not fulfilling what God told us to do. Go and preach the gospel to every creature in all the world. I would bet that not a single person within your own radio station is out evangelizing in the streets in an attempt to reach the lost. Right? I pray that I am wrong but I also pray that you can see why it is important to change your message that you are feeding the listeners. Give them the whole news. Not just the good news, but let them know they are headed for hell if they don't repent and put their trust and faith in Jesus alone. Then give them the good news of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. It will make sense then. I know I will most likely not get a response to this letter, but I hope you will at least consider what I have said and you will pray about the direction of your radio station for next year. In Ezekiel we are told to warn people of the danger to come (hell) and if we do not warn them, then when they die, they will die in their sins and their blood will be on your hands. If you do warn them, then when they die, if they do not accept what you have said, they will still die in their sins, but you will be guiltless. It is very important. Won't you be a radio station that does the right thing?

My prayers are with you.
God bless

till His nets are full

Brian Culver


I did receive a reply back from Stephanie and here it is:

Brian,

Thank you so much for listening. We truly value your input and opinion and I have forwarded your email to our station manager, Dave. I will be discussing this with him personally and I will be sure that he gets in touch with you as soon as possible!

In Christ,
Stephanie Miller
Office Manager
Business Underwriting Director
Family Friendly 91.5 WCIC
309.692.9242


I hope that the station manager does reply back to me in a positive manner. I truly believe he will not change. I pray that he is truly saved because if he is falling to the temptation to not mention hell or sin on his station, then why bother calling it a Christian station. Please keep this and all Christian radio stations in your prayers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did he ever respond to you???

Sorry, I am reading your past entries out of order, so I'm not sure if you had a later post on this or not.

I haven't heard back from Westboro Baptist Church, either. I figured I wouldn't, but hey, I presented the gospel to them, right?

pastorbrianculver said...

Actually, he did! He drove to Galesburg from Peoria (45 miles) just to meet with me. We met at McDonald's (my fishing hole!). He agreed with what I had to say but basically said his hands were tied as all of the music that comes in is preprogrammed. As far as being more evangelistic, he said it was basically a friendship style they use. He also said his station is not there to "teach" anyone anything about being a Christian or to teach anything about the bible. Pretty sad, huh?