Monday, December 24, 2007

Anticipation...

What is the definition of "Anticipation?"
1 a: a prior action that takes into account or forestalls a later action b: the act of looking forward; especially : pleasurable expectation.

My original thought was that I was anticipating that Joel Osteen would say this. I found this at Apprising Ministry. Does it surprise me? NO! But to think it was a "pleasurable expectation" would be incorrect. I think the first part more accurately describes it...
his prior actions (discussions and talk along with his teachings) only goes to show that he is consistent on his lack of knowledge and understanding. When will the people who love Osteen realize that this man has no knowledge when it comes to theology and God?

Today is Christmas Eve.
Did you ever think about those two words and how well they go together?
Christmas is the day we celebrate the long-awaited, much anticipated birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
Eve is the very reason that the birth of Jesus was necessary! As she listened to the serpent, she brought sin into the world and thus brought the death sentence upon us all.
So today, as Christians we anticipate the day when Christ will return to take us home to the place He has prepared for us. But for tomorrow we give thanks to God (we do this everyday!) for sending His Son to die on the cross. He sent him in the form of a little baby, born in a manger. A humble beginning. Did his mom ever anticipate a day would come when her son would be a sacrifice on the cross for all humanity? Did the world anticipate the hatred and rejection that would befall him?
My grandson is anxiously anticipating Christmas morning. He knows there will be presents under the tree! But what else does he know?
He knows that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus.
He knows that Jesus is God.
He knows that Jesus loved all the children.
He knows that Jesus died on the cross and can show you where the nails were driven into Him.
He knows that Jesus died.
He knows that Jesus is in Heaven.
He knows that Jesus is alive.
He knows that Jesus is coming back someday.
He gets on our little play piano and sings a song of Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, I love you!
And he is anticipating the day when he gets to see Him.
my grandson is three years old!

If you ask my grandson if a mormon is a Christian, he will tell you NO!
If you ask him why not? he will tell you because they don't know Jesus of the Bible!
Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it! Maybe someone should have done this with Joel Osteen.
Unfortunately, people are doing this in the Mormon Church. Little three-year old children are taken to the front of the church and told by their parents what to say.
Parent: tell the people that you know that the church is true.
Child: I know the church is true.
Parent: tell the people that you know Joseph Smith is a true prophet of god.
Child: I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of god.
Parent: tell the people you love mommy and daddy.
Child: I love my mommy and daddy.
Parent: Amen
Child: Amen!

You might say, what is the difference between that and what you do with your grandson?
Here is my answer.
My grandson can tell you that Jesus is God (with a capital "G")
He can tell you that Jesus died on the cross for our sins.
He can tell you that Jesus is alive in heaven.
He can tell you that Jesus will be coming back.
What can a mormon child tell you about Jesus? NOTHING!
While I was in the mormon church, I would hear the exact "testimonies" each and every week. In fact when the adults came to the front to give their "testimonies" it would sound almost exactly word for word the same. And we wonder why they defend their church so much, even though the evidence against Joseph Smith is overwhelmingly against him being a prophet of any kind other than a false one!

I am anticipating the day when my grandson will be serving Jesus (the One found in the Bible!). If God decides to take me home early, I feel confident that He will be with my grandson and will see His work completed through him!

What are you anticipating today?

No comments: