Tuesday, November 20, 2007

it's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring -- in church!


Is it a sin to fall asleep in church?

Is it a sin to let your mind wander while in church?

Is it a sin to look with lust (even if you are single?)


Is it a sin...


In my run for President of the United States, I have encountered many problems.

1. Lack of Knowledge

2. Lack of Name recognition

3. Lack of Interest

4. Lack of Funds

5. Lack of Experience

or what I like to call -- KNIFE

See, I am going to cut right to the point. How can you gain knowledge of God's Word if you are sleeping? How can you recognize what a Christian should look like if you only are into easy-believism? How can you truly love God if you lack interest in learning more about Him and His Word? How can you give your tithes to a church that you know is not biblical? How can you gain experience in reaching the lost if you never get out of the house or out of the church and actually try experimenting on the lost people out there?

As for my Presidential run, I will just keep running since it is a great way to keep in shape!! Maybe if I had Batman as my running mate, I would be sure to win the votes of all of the pre-adolescent children (of course, I will have to wait 10-15 years before they can vote!)

The children are our future! The children who sit in church and who learn that church youth groups is nothing more than a place to have fun and games and little drama skits, but no mention of what it takes to go to heaven. Little cute songs are nice and they are easy to remember, but we must remember that even little children can learn the TRUTH. My three year old grandson (little David) has more knowledge than a lot of teenagers (maybe even adults) do. Little David heard that someone had died. And his response to me was that Jesus died too, to save him. It is a very simple response and as David continues to grow he will learn about repentance of sins. Right now, he understands words like obedience and not doing bad things again. I can see him by the time he is 4 years old being able to not only say the words but actually know what he is saying about salvation. Why? Because he is hearing it on a daily basis. He is being trained in God's Word. He already knows about the cross and can tell anyone that Jesus died on the cross to save us. He already knows that Jesus is God and that we pray to Him. When I asked the youth in the church I was attending, "Why are you a Christian?" and not a single teen could tell me, it scares me. When I asked them what it takes to go to heaven and they didn't know. It scares me. When I asked them what happens to homosexuals who continue to live in disobedience to God's Word, none of them were willing to say that person would go to hell. They have been trained by the World!

Christians are falling asleep. "AWAKE! Awake! Stand up! O Jerusalem, which has drunk at the hand of the LORD the cup of his fury; thou has drunken the dregs of the cup of trembling, and wrung them out." Isaiah 51:17


We need to rouse the church. We need to wake them up. They all know that God sent His Son to die on the cross for their sins. They all know that if they would just believe in Him, they will be saved. Then why aren't they doing anything? We are saved by grace, but where is the fruit of repentance? Where is the fruit of thanksgiving? Where is the fruit of love? The kind of love that says, my neighbor is headed for hell and I need to go talk to him and I need to do it RIGHT NOW!

If you are worrying about whether it is a sin or not to fall asleep in church, there is a pretty good chance you are missing something in your relationship with Christ. Only God knows your heart but we are to examine ourselves to see to it that we are in the faith. Jesus said, " verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12

Why did Jesus come? To seek and save that which was lost. And that is the Great Commission that we have all been given. Are you doing it? Why not? Can you actually think of an excuse that will PLEASE GOD? In all we do, we should be glorifying God. We are here for His good pleasure and for His glory. It's not too late people. Almost 2 people die every second of every day. How much time have you wasted in not reaching the lost? 150,000 people a day are dying. Do you know when your time is up? Do you know when your unsaved neighbor's time is up. Don't waste another second. Seek and save the lost the way Jesus did!

No comments: