Monday, November 19, 2007

In my next book... UPDATE!

UPDATE -- I FORGOT TO MENTION MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE ACTUAL POST. THANKS TO ALL OF THE SUGGESTIONS THAT I POST IT IN THE LETTER HERE! THE RESPONSE HAS BEEN AWESOME. PLEASE CONTINUE TO SEND YOUR EMAILS WITH THE RESULTS TO: brianculver@yahoo.com

I am planning on writing another book. And I am in need of your help. (Locked Doors was my second book that I wrote! The first book I wrote was, "I Feel A Laugh Coming!) Would you please send me an email or leave a comment with your answers so that I can compile data for my book?



Here are the questions that I want to ask you...


It has to do with how you view your church and your pastor. I have assigned a point value to each question. I will be happy to send you your score after I get the results from you. I want to use it to help people get a feel of what their church might be missing.



Questions


1. Are the Ten Commandments preached regularly?


2. Is repentance of sin preached as a turning away from sin?


3. Is obedience to God's Word taught as necessity for salvation?


4. Is righteousness expected of the church members?


5. Are you told you must be born-again to be saved?


6. Does your church practice church discipline?


7. Does your pastor actively talk to the lost outside of church?


8. Has your church compromised the Bible with inclusive language?


9. Do members in your church feel they are saved based solely on John 3:16?


10. Is your pastor an expositor of God's Word?


11. Is your pastor a story-teller?


12. Is your pastor a joke-teller?


13. Is your church program driven?





Here are a few more personal questions.


1. Do you feel you are growing in knowledge of Scripture?


2. Have you been taught how to evangelize out in the real world?


3. Which is more important to you -- be in a large church or a small church?


4. Do you like hearing your pastor tell jokes? how many jokes are acceptable for him to tell? How many are too many?


5. Did your pastor go to seminary and in your opinion, do you think he got his money's worth? (in other words, is he able to exposit the Word and truly train you and edify you?)





The title of my next book is going to be called --


The Synagogue of Satan


better known as


Today's Contemporary Church




I want to thank you in advance for your help and cooperation in answering these questions.


I look forward to hearing from you all.


God bless


Brian

No comments: