Friday, June 27, 2008

Vacation Bible School

As the week draws to a close, we are facing our last day of VBS at church. I am helping my fiance with the preschool kids. Wow! They sure do have a lot of energy. I am dead tired when they finally leave around 8pm! Having a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds running around can sure drain a person.

God has definitely blessed my fiance with the gift of helping children. We came to a point last night where the kids just were not listening. So, she abandoned her previous plan for the class and all of a sudden jumped up and got the kids marching and reciting the memory verse. It was amazing to see how well they responded.

God has blessed each one of us with certain gifts that we are to use for His glory. Had I tried to get these kids to listen it would have taken the whole class period (I can handle one kid at a time!! at least at this age group). My gift is to preach God's Word and to reach out to the lost. To discern what is true and what is not. I have a pastor's heart and truly desire to bring a person to the Savior.

Next week, I will have much more time to work on my blog and will be going at it full speed ahead once again!! Please bear with me for the rest of this week. If you have something that you would like to see me write about, please let me know and I will post something.

I thank all of my faithful readers and those who happen to stop by occasionally. May God bless you today and always with His love and may you be faithful to His Holy Word!

God bless

till his nets are full
Brian

1 comment:

Question of Identity said...

I once asked a friend which gift would he like to receive and his sacrificial answer astounded me.

He said, I would like to receive the gift that my church community lacked at that time, so that it could help to build up the church.

One of my pet grumbles is the church that does not recognise that children's work is a high calling!

If we lay hands on the pastors and preachers and teachers and evangelists, as we pray for their anointing and send them out, so too we should do this for those called to work with children.

May God bless your fiance in the very important work that she does for your church!